About the Biomechs
The Richmond High School Robotics Program provides the Richmond/San Pablo youth with the opportunity to experience engineering fields involving modern science and technology. Members learn new life skills such as teamwork, meeting new people, and overcoming speech anxiety. This process takes action during the six week competition called FRC Regional. FRC allows teams to build and interact with a robot.
"FRC" is an acronym which stands for "First Robotics Competition." FRC is a regional competition which challenges leagues from every direction ; big or small. When the regional is held, they send a kit with information about the robot that should be constructed. The team has a limitation of six weeks to have the robot ready for presentation/competition. The robot that is built within this time period is then later presented to a large crowd of people. The robot is utilized in many different courses and has different abilities every year.
In order to build the robot, teams and individuals undertake the following fields;
- Science (Physics, Chemistry, Experimentation)
- Technology ( Programming, 3D animation, Designing)
- Engineering ( Wood/Metal Works, Wiring, Electronics)
- Math (Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus)
- Business (Marketing, Fundraising, Financing)
- Teamwork, Cooperation, and Professionalism
- Mentor-ship; work side-by-side with professionals